CBG vs CBD… Both CBD and CBG are the most popular phytocannabinoids in hemp. They have been displayed to possess an extensive range of medical uses when used alone, when mixed with different cannabinoids, or when utilized in full-spectrum cannabinoid preparations.
Initial studies reveal that CBD may have similar features to CBG. Both of these cannabinoids do not have psychoactive properties. Rather, they offer anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, analgesic, and neuroprotective properties. However, where do the similarities between the two cannabinoids culminate? A deeper insight shows that CBD is unique to CBG in numerous ways. Let’s see how.
Also Read: Are Drug Dogs Trained to Find CBD Products?
CBD vs CBG: Differences You Need To Know
Check out the differences between CBD and CBG discussed below:
CBD vs CBG
- Molecular Structure: Cannabidiol and Cannabigerol have separate molecular structures. Molecular structure signifies the arrangement and number of oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen atoms that form a cannabinoid. Dissimilar molecular structure implies that CBG and CBD have separate three-dimensional shapes, and so attach to the cannabinoid receptors of the body in separate ways and act on the body individually. The molecular structure of a cannabinoid also aids decide the cannabinoid’s bioavailability and its extent of solubility in water.
- Appetite Stimulation: Another crucial way in which CBD differs from CBG concerns appetite stimulation. Research with rats displayed that does of CBG inspired the animals to eat over double their normal food consumption. In another study, cannabigerol didn’t cause any alterations to feed behavior, but cannabidiol considerably lessened net food intake.
- Pharmacology: CBG and CBD also stimulate receptors differently. As an instance, a 2011 study listed in Psychopharmacology matched the effects of CBG and CBD on the 5-HT 1A serotonin receptor. CBD seems to exert its anti-nausea impact through its attraction for the 5-HT 1A receptor, functioning as an agonist (activator). CBG, on the contrary, acts as an antagonist (blocker) at the 5-HT 1A receptor. The discoveries revealed that pre-treatment with CBG obstructed CBD’s anti-emetic effects, indicating that the two cannabinoids joined to the same place, but exerted opposing actions at this receptor.
There are differences between CBG and CBD, namely concentration in hemp plants, interactions with the ECS, effects on the brain upon consumption, and potential therapeutic effects.
- May need greater time attach to ECS receptors, CB1 and CB2, CBG interacts with the receptors directly.
- CBD is primarily recognized for its pain-alleviating features among its users.
- A 2018 study from the Journal of Pain Research found that CBD could lower pain intensity in humans.
- By interacting with similar receptors, CB1 and CB2, CBD aids to alleviate moderate pain.
- CBG is present in trace amounts in both hemp and cannabis plants.
- CBGA comprises a cannabigerol acid that is then transformed into CDBA or THCA to produce CBD and THC upon heating.
- The procedure of CBGA conversion happens with the aid of enzymes as the plant develops and matures.
- So, extracting a generous amount of CBG from cannabis plants needs a substantial quantity of cannabis plants.
- Further, one of the major advantages of CBG is its relaxing effect on the digestive system.
- As per the Biochemistry Pharmacology Journal, the study has displayed that CBG has relaxing effects on the digestive tract walls in mice.
The Best CBD And CBG Products For You
Hemp Depot develops custom, proprietary strains which give rise to its entire products sourced and handcrafted in Colorado to the most accurate standards. They are one of the biggest providers of top-quality hemp CBD oil products, clones, and seeds in the U.S. assured of third-party testing.
Due to Hemp Depot’s promise of strength and purity, their wholesale customers and consumer obtain the finest full-spectrum and THC-nil CBD products on the market, all reared, prepared, and processed completely in their Colorado facilities.
Hemp Depot’s lineup of CBD products includes CBD Tincture, CBD Softgels/Tablets, CBD Topicals, and CBD Drinks & Gummies apart among others. Their range of CBG products comprises Eddie – ⅛ The White – High CBG Flower, Eddie – ½ Oz. SourG – High CBG Flower, Eddie – 1 gm CBG Isolate, and Cibadol ZERO – CBG Isolate Tincture (900mg), to name a few.
Also Read: Does CBD Help With Pain
Final Thoughts On CBD vs CBG
CBG and CBD comprise two similar but unique cannabinoids. Whereas hemp plants carry a much greater dose of CBD, cannabigerol can also be drawn and utilized in all types of products. These 2 cannabinoids provide various therapeutic advantages, and when mixed, can offer highly successful relief that boosts you up.