CBD has a lot of potential health benefits. CBD has been shown in numerous studies to have the ability to aid with a variety of health issues such as stress, anxiety, and even epilepsy. A lot of people do not prefer smoking. The good thing is, smoking isn’t the only way to take CBD. In this article, we will look at the various ways to consume CBD. But before that, let’s understand what CBD is.
Different ways to consume CBD
Each approach has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, and the ideal consumption method for you will be determined by your personal preferences and needs. Here are some of the most common ways of consuming CBD, along with their pros and cons.
1. Inhalation (smoke/vape)
One of the quickest ways to experience CBD’s benefits is to inhale it. When you inhale CBD, it immediately enters your lungs and bloodstream. You can select between two methods: smoking and vaping.
An oil rig that looks like a water pipe can be used to smoke CBD concentrate. This is accomplished by heating the oil rig’s nail, which contains the CBD concentrate. Rolling a joint containing high-CBD cannabis is a simple option. If you opt to test CBD via the latter way, keep in mind that you’ll also be eating THC.
Pros of CBD smoking –
- It has the greatest CBD concentration.
- It’s the quickest method of delivery.
Cons of CBD smoking –
- Smoking harms the lungs and throat.
- People who do not require a high dose for their disease may not benefit from high concentrations.
- It necessitates the use of additional tools (dabber, oil rig, joint paper)
Alternatively, you can use a vaporizer pen to vape CBD oil. Many reputable vaping firms offer a vape starter kit for those who are new to vaping. Vaping is a perfect alternative to smoking.
Pros of vaping –
- It provides a high CBD concentration as well as the most powerful effects.
- There is no noxious smoke to hurt your throat or lungs.
- It’s simple to control your dosage.
Cons of vaping –
- You tend to vape at a higher concentration than you require.
- It necessitates the use of additional tools (vape pen and accessories)
2. Topical application (creams/balms)
If inhalation isn’t for you, topical CBD solutions are an option. When you use a balm or lotion or an ointment on your skin, it is a topical application. For painful muscles, skin issues, and even migraines, this treatment is ideal. Apply the balm to any aching spot, such as the neck, feet, or back. You can massage your temples if you have a migraine.
Pros of topical applications –
- Topicals are extremely simple to apply.
- There are no further accessories or tools required.
- It’s wonderful for muscle aches and pains, as well as skin issues like acne and inflammation.
Cons of topical applications –
- If you require a greater dose, you’ll need to apply a lot of it.
- The results aren’t as long-lasting as they are with other techniques.
3. Ingestion (Edibles)
In terms of popularity, edibles are one of the fastest-growing ways to consume CBD. If you don’t like the flavor of CBD oil on its own, you can simply add it to your diet. CBD edibles, such as CBD gummies or lollipops, are also excellent choices. They’re not only delicious, but they’re also the most inconspicuous method to consume CBD, particularly if you need to take a dose at work. If you’re interested in CBD sweets, Newsweek recommends the five best CBD candy.
One thing to keep in mind is to always know how much you’re eating. Edibles’ effects can take many hours to manifest. That said, don’t consume too many pieces under the mistaken belief that nothing is happening. Eat a specific amount and then wait an hour or two to see how you feel before eating more.
Pros of edibles-
- It’s extremely understated.
- Because edible oils can be mixed with food and beverages, the possibilities are unlimited.
Cons of edibles –
- The effects could take a few hours to appear.
- It can be difficult to comprehend and determine the proper dosage.
If you wish to take CBD sublingually, you can buy CBD tinctures. Simply place a few drops of the tincture beneath your tongue and hold it in your mouth for 30 seconds before swallowing to utilise it sublingually. This is a really quiet strategy that will make you feel calm and comfortable.
Pros of sublingual consumption –
- It’s simple to accomplish and doesn’t require any special equipment.
- Controlling dosage is simple.
- It produces long-lasting effects.
Cons of sublingual consumption –
- The outcomes may differ from one person to the next.
- The earthy flavor of CBD may be too much for some folks.
Buying CBD Products
While you should be aware of the many ways of consuming CBD, it is equally critical that you purchase CBD products from a reputable source. You don’t want to be a victim of one of the tainted products on the market for a lower price. The greatest way to determine a brand’s trustworthiness is to see if they provide lab test results from third-party labs on their website. Also, check the product label to determine if all of the ingredients used in the product are listed in detail. Finally, ensure that each product has a THC content of less than 0.3%.
HempDepotco is a major supplier of CBD products in the United States. They sell CBD products from some of the most reputable companies on the market and act as a one-stop shop for all CBD needs. You can use the CBD sauce if you prefer vaping. CBD softgels or CBD gummies are two options if you prefer edibles. If you like sublingual consumption, the CBD tincture is the way to go.