Cannabigerol (CBG) comprises a kind of cannabinoid derived from the cannabis plant. It’s frequently termed the mother of all cannabinoids. This is since other cannabinoids are sourced from cannabigerolic acid (CBGA), an acidic version of CBG. Other more popular cannabinoids derived from cannabis plants comprise tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and cannabidiol (CBD).
CBG is present in lesser quantities than other cannabinoids in cannabis plants. In most plant strains, just 1% of CBG can be discovered as against 20 to 25% of cannabidiol or 25 to 30% of THC. This renders consumer products sourced from the cannabinoid unique and frequently expensive. Nonetheless, CBG is rising in popularity due to the assortment of potential benefits offered by the cannabinoid.
How CBG Acts
CBG is processed by the endocannabinoid system of the body. The endocannabinoid system is composed of receptors and molecules in our bodies that are accountable for maintaining our bodies in an optimal state irrespective of what’s happening in our external environment. Within our bodies, CBG copies endocannabinoids, the natural compounds made by our body.
Cannabinoid Receptors Within The Body
Our body includes two kinds of cannabinoid receptors – CB1 & CB2. CB1 receptors occur in the nervous system and brain, while CB2 receptors exist in the immune system and other regions of the body.
CBG works by attaching to both receptors where it’s believed to fortify the function of anandamide, a neurotransmitter that performs a part in improving motivation and pleasure, controlling sleep and appetite, and relieving pain. Unlike THC, CBG does not have psychotropic effects, so it will not make you high.
Overview Of CBG Flower
CBG flower comprises the smokable buds of a hemp variety that is especially abundant in the cannabinoid “cannabigerol” or CBG, in brief. When smoked, it provides non-intoxicating and therapeutic effects that differ from CBD.
Also Reads: Is CBD Oil Safe For Cats
CBG Benefits For The Human Body
- Most people who enjoy CBG hemp mention it evens out the “high” from any THC cannabinoids within their flower. Obviously, legally, THC can only form 0.3% of the dry weight of hemp flower. Still, a few people can experience effects even at so low THC levels and thus gain from a CBG-filled strain.
- Hemp strains that are rich in CBG are naturally less in THC, due to the manner CBG flower synthesizes. A few users enjoy smoking slight CBG following a full-spectrum CBD flower to minimize the impact of any trace THC. It is extremely potent, which renders it an enjoyable smoke minus psychoactive effects.
- Another advantage of the CBG flower is that it is naturally extremely low in THC which renders it simpler to grow in a compatible way for both the EU and US markets.
- Other users mention they wish to utilize CBG when they encounter a stressful day. They assert smoking flowers that are rich in cannabinoids can elevate their mood. If you desire to feel calmed and blissed out at the culmination of a long day, cannabigerol constitutes a superb option.
- If you’ve attempted several CBD products and they don’t appear to work, CBG could be worth a go. If you possess a low THC tolerance, including slight CBG hemp can render your experience seem more even.
Does CBG Get You High
Various studies are still ongoing to know further about CBG. Latest studies have proved that it is amongst the non-intoxicating chemicals present in cannabis plants, which implies it will not get you high.
A study was disclosed in 2018, mentioning CBG interacts with the body receptors and appears to possess anti-inflammatory effects. Researchers do hold that CBG does not get you high nonetheless, it has the potential to stop the intoxicating effects that individuals feel while taking cannabis-caused high.
CBG acts against the impact of intoxicating THC such as CBD. It has also been shown that it possesses the potential to activate CB1 receptors like CBD which lessens the THC intoxication. This reveals that if a person consumes cannabis with the complete attention of CBD and CBG it could regulate the intoxication and can fetch back clarity to the individual.
In contrast to THC, CBG does not possess psychotropic effects, so it will not deliver you a high. Nevertheless, the consumer can get an effect or experience of deep excitement and feelings of happiness and well-being, It also offers relaxation to the muscles and the mind. Thus far, there is no mention of intoxication, dizziness, or highness after consuming cannabigerol.
Also Read: Does CBD Isolate Need To Be Decarbed
The Perfect CBG Products For You
Hemp Depot cultivates custom, proprietary strains which makes its entire products handcrafted and sourced in Colorado to the most accurate standards. Their whole products are extracted in-house and produced in their cGMP-authorised production facility. With a promise to purity and safety assured through third-party testing, Hemp Depot provides a whole range of THC-free and full-spectrum products at the finest value.
Hemp Depot’s lineup of CBG Flower for you to consume without experiencing a high includes Eddie – 1/8th THE WHITE – High CBG Flower, Eddie – 1/8th SourG High-CBG Flower, and Eddie – 1/2 Oz. SourG – High CBG Flower.
Researches are still ongoing to know more regarding the intoxication and effects of CBG. Though the restricted studies demonstrate that CBG flower does not get you high at all. It acts against THC to stop intoxication and aids you stay calm and mindful.