There are countless benefits for writing an up-to-date CBD blog for your eCommerce website. Blogging improves SEO, builds customer relationships, and increases lead conversions, making it an important part of any content strategy.
General Blogging Statistics
- Websites with blogs have 434% more indexed pages
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links
- 61% of US consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post
- 81% of US consumers trust the advice and information found in blogs
- Small businesses with blogs generate 126% more leads
- 37% of marketers believe that blogging is the most important type of content marketing
Blogging Benefits for Your CBD Startup
If you’re planning on having a website, blogging can offer incredible benefits for your CBD business. Even if you’re planning on having a storefront and not selling your CBD products online, regular blogging can make your website and ultimately storefront more visible to a larger audience.
- Increase search engine traffic: Blogging is a great way to increase the content on your website. The more content on your website, the more pages will be indexed on search engines like Google. This heightens your organic visibility and improves your web traffic. Also, the more blog posts you have, the more opportunities you’ll have to rank for target keywords.
- Humanize your brand: As a small CBD startup, this can be really beneficial. Blog posts are a great way to show the personal side of your business. Blogging allows your business to touch on current issues and concerns from your perspective. Since the CBD industry is constantly changing, there are a lot of content opportunities to blog about. Sharing your voice builds trust between you and your customers.
- Builds authority in the CBD industry: Blogging is one of the best ways to establish yourself or your brand as an expert in the CBD industry. Blogs are a platform for sharing significant industry-related information and insight. Sharing recent studies and educating customers builds authority in your field and increases conversion rates.
- Improves conversion rates: Having an active blog on your website is a great way to alert search engines that your business is alive and well-maintained. We recommend updating your blog regularly (at least a few times a month). The more you blog the more opportunities you have to share high-quality content. High-quality content can increase conversion rates while developing brand loyalty. Businesses that blog regularly experience a 13-times increase in ROI year after year.
- Generate inbound links: One of the most important components of SEO is having high-quality inbound links to your website. It can be almost impossible to attract these authoritative links to your website without a blog. Once you start generating high-quality content on your blogs, other bloggers and media outlets will begin using them as resources. This a great way to naturally gain inbound links when others reference your blog.
- Ranking for long-tail search queries: Typical website content can successfully rank for business-specific keywords like “full-spectrum CBD” but can have a hard time ranking for long-tail searches like “Can CBD help improve my sleep”. The more content you have, the more likely you can rank for these long-tail queries.
- Increase leads: Research has shown that the more pages a website has, the more leads it gets. Businesses with 401-1000 pages of indexed content get six times more leads than those with 51-100 pages. The more you blog, the more leads you’ll generate. More content means more form submissions, more email opt-ins, more quote requests, and better lead conversion rates.
FDA-Complaint CBD Blogging
If you decide to maintain an active blog on your CBD website, make sure all of the content is FDA-complaint. Make sure to follow the same content guidelines for the rest of your website and not make any claims. When sharing studies and research, make sure to clearly state what kind of studies these are, ie preclinical, animal, anecdotal, clinical, etc. When in doubt, use the magic word test and use language like “may” or “might”.
Learn More About Blogging for Your CBD Business
Hemp Depot is proud to provide all the leading tips on great marketing practices for CBD businesses. Blogging is an important practice for any industry, especially ours. Education is a big component of being in our field and the more we’re able to share with our customers, the better lead conversion you’ll experience while building that trust and loyalty. For more information regarding blogging practices for your CBD business, please contact us!